As the development for drone application for commercial and industrial application continues to rise, we are continuously adapting new innovations to the services we offer.One of the recent applications for aerial inspections has something to do with thermography.
Skystance has partnered up with Workswell, a company that makes state-of-the-art thermal cameras specifically for UAVs/RPAS and what we can do with one of their flagship thermographic camera, the WIRIS 2nd Generation is greater than the capabilities of all other thermographic cameras in the market.
The Workswell WIRIS 2 enables us capture radiometric thermal pictures as well as videos that has an accuracy reading of ± 2% or ± 2°C. That’s not all as it is also equipped with a digital camera and control unit that is integrated in to the DJI Matrice 600 Pro SDK.On top of that, the whole system only weighs around 400 grams.
Combined with the DJI M600 Pro and the DJI Ronin – MX Gimbal, we have full control of the camera that allows us to tweak the parameters and get results in real time which cuts down data delivery much shorter than it already is when deploying a drone for inspection.
The benefit of thermographic inspections huge, and the potential uses for this technology is vast as it allows us to see details that is not visible to the naked eye. It’s almost like having a doctor perform an X-Ray or MRI but suitable to a wider range of applications.
Here are some of the types of thermographic inspections that Skystance can do:
- Powerlines Inspection – Get an early indication of insulation overheating in order to prevent catastrophic fires and serious injuries caused by poorly installed/maintained electrical equipment.
- Pipelines Inspection – Easily location leaks, cracks, and areas where the walls of the pipe are thinning before more damage occur and repairs get costly.
- Solar Panel Inspection – Immediately identify defective panels and broken cells without having contractor inspect each panel separately to reduce the down time and the cost from paying long man-hours.
- Flat roof Inspection – Poorly installed building insulations results to leaky roofs and high electricity bills due to air conditioning that at full power around the clock. Our team of experts can easily pin point exact locations where cold air is escaping and where moisture is penetrating in a matter of minutes without dismantling any part of the roof or ceiling.
- Underground water leak detection – Skystance can help you detect water-leaks 1 to 2 meters below the ground and save you with the headache of paying extremely high bills.
- Flare stacks monitoring – With our high-end professional thermal camera we can monitor the temperature of your flare stack to ensure everything is within ideal parameters.
- Oil and gas inspection – drone inspection services for Oil and Gas is being implemented all over the world. We can save you millions from periodic shutdowns by conducting detailed inspections while the facility is operational.
Skystance unlocks the possibilities of sight with the Workswell WIRIS 2 thermal imaging camera that will allow you to discover anomalies and prevent costly future breakdowns.